Author : Abilash Geetha Balan – B.E., MS.
How to Crack JEE Mains, JEE Advance and AIIMS 2022
This article will cover in detail the various step-by-step procedures that you may follow to get a better selection for JEE Mains with the limited time you have. I want to divide the answer into 2 parts. The first Part covering direct tips and practices for the exam and the second part is tips and practices for the Steady state of Mind.
Direct Tips for Clearing the JEE Mains Exam
Take advantage of the fact that the JEE MAINS IS HAPPENING twice a year:
First and Foremost try to understand the Exam format and syllabus. JEE Mains in 2019 will be conducted twice a year by National Testing Agency (NTA) in a computer based test in January (6th to 20th) and in April (6th to 20th)
- Since the JEE MAINS exam will be conducted twice this year, NTA would have to ask questions from all Chapters making all the chapters equally important.
- There is a saying that if you are strong in all three subjects the you can get to AIR 1000, if two subjects are strong then you are an AIR 1001 – 10,000. So, for the exam in January put your best effort and target to make 2 subjects your strength and with the time from January to April spend the time to make all three your strengths.
Both 11th and 12th chapters are EQUALLY important for JEE MAINS
- The weightage for Class XI vs XII is an immaterial statistics as we believe it is equally important. We have checked the trend for the last few years.
Solve the Last 10 years JEE MAINS Question paper AT-LEAST TWICE before the exam for JEE MAINS and ADVANCE
- Understanding the subjects is one thing, being able to solve 90 questions in the stipulated 3 hours is a completely different ball game, It needs regular exam practice. So the best way to get used to this is by solving sample papers or mock tests regularly. To start of with solve JEE Mains 2018 question paper and then At-least solve the last 10 years of question bank and additional online mock tests as well. Solve the last 10 years paper at-least twice. This will improve your speed and save a lot of time if the same (similar) question appears in the exam.
Which is the best JEE Mains Preparation books
- Your Target should be to get selection into NIIT or IIT and not complete knowledge of PCM. You have 4 years of college to help you with that. Stick to your NCERT and Materials provided by your coaching, try to acquire a good understanding based only these two sources. Once if you are satisfied, you may try materials from other Coaching institutes from your friends. This will keep you focused and avoid wasting time in the process of using multiple and advanced books for learning, Hence, your IIT JEE best study materials is you class notes and NCERT.
Explore Various Memorising and time saving Techniques for JEE Mains
These are some of the IIT JEE Preparation Tips by Toppers
- Use of Flash cards, group discussion, Analysing the attempted Question paper, cultivating a reading habit, etc.
- Read one page of Theory every day and keep a track of the time taken and try to improve your speed and comprehension by practice. A person with a good reading habit is able to read at-least 500 – 600 words per minute with over 70% comprehension, and a one without a reading habit is only able to read less than 200 words per minute. If you are able to save at-least 2 seconds per question, with 90 questions you are able to save at-least 3 minutes. This will give you a lot of time to check the answer sheet for any silly mistakes.
Things to Do on JEE Mains Exam Day
- Just glance through all the question once before you start solving the paper. This will give you a mind map of how much time you need to spend on each question based on the level of difficulty.
- Solve easy ones first. This will save you a lot of time and give you confidence. Just Mark the tough questions and move ahead. Come back to the difficult questions once you have completed the easy ones.
- Do not waste too much time on a single question. 90 questions in 180 minutes equals to an average of 2 minutes per question. Remember this rule while solving the questions. If you are unable to solve it, move on to the next question and comeback to it later.
Tips and Practices for a Steady State of Mind
Power of Positive Thinking:
- Whenever you feel low and lack motivation, Just Relive your initial Dream of getting into IIT / NIIT / AIIMS colleges. The efforts that you have put so far and just believe it is possible.
“According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible”
True Fun Starts in College
- To fulfil your dream you need a lot of commitment and be mentally stable. Avoid all your teenage emotions. Spend your time solving papers while your friends are on phone or having fun. Your true fun will start in College and prepare yourself for the roller coaster ride in college.
Practice Breathing Techniques
- Keep a calm mind and body on the exam day: Sleep Well and keep a calm mind on the exam day so that you can focus on the paper and leave all other thoughts and anxieties outside.
Tricks to Crack JEE MAINS 2022
How to Guess the answer in JEE
This is how to answer multiple choice questions without knowing the answer in jee mains if there is NO negative marking.
- Substituting the values given in the option to see if tt solves the equations
- n Physics try using the Dimensional Analysis
- Just Tick option ‘C’ always for all the questions if you are absolutely clueless.
How to prepare IIT JEE in Class 11 ?
After you have your taken the decision to come to Kota, the most important thing you need to consider is the timing. Coaching in Kota is available for students as early as from 7th Standard.
If you realise that your child has a keen interest in Engineering and Medical at a young age, then a good formal education is all that is needed to bring out the prodigy in him.
Various coaching institutes in Kota conduct All India scholarship programs to identify such students at a very young age and nurture them towards a successful career path.
If you are a good student who has realised your true potential a little later, then the most recommend time would be to come after 10th standard due to the following reasons.
With less anxiety over time, you will adapt to the right mindset for preparation and you do not have to rush things. You have the chance to learn from your mistakes, and you can try multiple learning and teaching methods best suited for you. Getting used to a new city like Kota is very important as You also need to adapt to its climate, food and water, your hostel and surroundings to be able to focus on your goal completely.